Wednesday night...I'm happy to say, it's been another great day in Catacamas. Today was a big lecture day for me, giving all but 1 of the remaining lectures, from 8:15 until 12:30p. It's a challenge to balance the important lecture material with the equally important hands-on practice, especially with only a week of training. Tomorrow will be a busy day at the clinic, with a lot of patients, so we all decided to complete most of the lectures today. In the afternoon, we practiced scanning on each other, and practiced on a couple of the Predisan employees who generously volunteered. It's such a great feeling to work with people who are so eager to learn, and are able to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. Tomorrow will be our last day at the main clinic, and Friday we will go to Culmi with Dr. Eric, to work in the remote clinic. As in the past, I feel like the week is flying by. MTI has a 3 year training contract with Predisan, so I'm hopeful that they will want me to come back next year. Slowly, but surely, I am getting better at this! My training plans are becoming more efficient, and my presentations get better with every trip. And the people. I just love the people. Dulce offered to take JM and I to the local Fair and dinner, after our day today, but our evening was delayed for a couple hours by a late afternoon rainfall that flooded the streets. The weather simmered down to a sprinkle, so she picked us up and we went to the street market and carnival, before going out to dinner. I stuck to ginger ale and small amounts of mellow food today, in preparation for dinner. My stomach isn't 100% back to normal, but close enough for one of my favorite restaurants in Catacamas! :) Restaurante Francel has the best Baleadas in Catacamas, and possibly Honduras, so I did not want to miss it. For those of you who may not have followed my last trip to Honduras, I will explain the magical Baleada. First, you start with a fresh, homemade, HUGE flour tortilla, thrown onto a griddle, and filled with whatever you choose. Typically, they are filled with beans and cheese...I added avocado, pico de gallo, and rice to mine, JM added plantains, avocado, pickled onions, and the local butter. Baleadas can be served like a quesadilla, or rolled like a burrito. These were rolled, and humongous, and just a little crispy on the outside. There was no way we could finish the whole thing, so we sent our leftovers home with Dulce, to share with her visiting family. JM declared it to be her favorite food, so far. Between the long day, and the massive dinner, I'm just about done for the night. So, without further delay, it's time for more photographs...thanks for sticking with me! Buenos Noches.














Comments