Hello, again, supporters, family and friends!

I hope you are all well and enjoying this rapid transition out of summer and into fall. I thought I would update you on the progression of my Medical Missions. In just 2 weeks, I will head back to Honduras, to continue the ultrasound training that I started last year. Unfortunately, the volunteer that was scheduled to join me, backed out with short notice. A new volunteer has come forward, however she does not have the same skill set as the prior volunteer, so we have had to scrap our training program and I will have to come up with a new one…STAT! I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

On an important side note, I have also recently been informed that MTI has decided to suspend sending volunteers to Haiti, myself included. This would be the second trip to Haiti that I would miss, so I have decided to go as a volunteer directly through HFH (Haiti Foundation of Hope), which will slightly change my fundraising. Unfortunately, I am unable to use any of the funds in my MTI account for this trip, so let the begging commence!

Here are the details of the trip…

I will be returning to Terre Blanche, Haiti, March 1, 2017. As was the plan last year, I will be giving an Ultrasound presentation at the Medical Conference, with a focus on diagnosing TB/HIV and other common illnesses found in Haiti. I will also be continuing my training with Madame Bluette, the Midwife at the Terre Blanche Clinic. The cost of the trip is $2, 500, which will cover airfare, emergency assistance insurance, ground transportation, food, lodging, and incidentals. $500 of each team member’s fee will be designated for ongoing programs in Terre Blanche.

All payments are made to Haiti Foundation of Hope and can be made by mail or online, and are tax deductible.

Checks can be mailed to: (PLEASE PUT “FOR JO CLANCY” IN THE MEMO LINE OF THE CHECK)

Haiti Foundation of Hope
PO Box 61941
Vancouver, WA 98666

Or you can donate directly to the team giving page, entering my name and March 2017 in the designated space.


If you are interested in helping, without making a monetary donation, you can donate new sunglasses (these can be purchased at the Dollar Store) and/or sewing fabric (3-4 yard pieces of cotton or cotton blend) for the Women’s Trade School. These items can be mailed directly to HFH in my name, or you can email me for my address.

Rice and Beans are always needed, to feed the extra patients that arrive during the medical trips. If you would like to specifically donate for Rice and Beans, you can do so here:


Thank you, in advance, for your generosity and time. As always, I am blessed and grateful for your support! Much love, MB (Monkey Brain…aka Jo) J

Comments