Tuesday night...Another long, but successful day at the clinic. Today was all about OB, which meant a super busy day for Jeanne Marie. JM is an OB Sonographer, which is her passion, so I gave her the OB/GYN lectures today. This allowed me to spend most of the day finishing up the 5 lectures that I will give over the next 2 days. We had a woman with a twin pregnancy come to the clinic, which is like winning the lottery when you're trying to teach OB scanning. Everyone had the opportunity to scan, and the mother was so sweet and patient. At the end of each day, I ask the Clinicians how the day went, what went well, and if they would like any changes made to the training program or style. So far, everyone seems to be happy with how the training is going. Whew. Dulce is the new Clinic Coordinator, since Laura and her family moved back to the U.S., and she is wonderful. No surprise, Predisan has a wonderful staff, so she is a great addition. She has a long history of working and volunteering with non-profit organizations, and she has been so attentive towards JM and I. This evening, we managed to get back to the Hotel at a reasonable time, and we were supposed to have dinner with the Medical Director of the Clinic and his family. Unfortunately, his daughter was sick, and the dinner was cancelled. Dulce came to the Hotel, to make sure JM and I were able to order dinner through the Hotel. Here's where the story gets sad...no dinner for me. I woke up with an upset stomach, which happened last year, also. As much as I love Honduran food, everything is fried and/or cooked with a high fat content, which my guts are not used to. :( Nothing dramatic, but I stuck with ginger ale and a banana for most of the day. No beautiful food photos tonight. I did get up early, and get a few more photos of the neighborhood this morning. I am going to sign off, and run through my lectures one more time, before hitting the sack. Buenos Noches!












Comments