Tuesday, post Haiti... My first day back to work. Oy. What was I thinking, working the day after 2 days of traveling and two time zones? I'm dumber than ditch water today. Well, tomorrow is the start of my weekend and I will have three days to recover. :) On to more photos! One of my favorite things about Haiti was the children. I remember Dr. Joe and Linda telling me that I would never really be able to go anywhere in Terre Blanche alone because there would always be a group of children following you, holding your hand, asking to get a "Photo! Photo!", and just being kids. They spoke the truth! These children are living in the most trying of circumstances and yet they are smiling, giggling, shy, inquisitive, chatty, and just plain adorable. I've looked at these pictures over and over, and I never get tired of their faces. Having the classrooms and lunch kitchen in the middle of the compound means that there are always children around. I talked last week about how every morning the kids all meet in the courtyard, while the band plays, and the Haiti flag is raised. For most of these children their school uniforms are the best clothes they own, so they often wear their uniform to church also. I hope you enjoy looking at these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them!


























Comments