It's 10:40p, NY time, and I'm settled in to the Comfort Inn. If I fall asleep RIGHT NOW, I'll get 4 hours and 20 minutes of sleep before I have to get up for my flight to Haiti. Yea....I don't think that's gonna happen. I received an email from Dr. Joe and Linda Markee, who are leading our group in Haiti (They're in the photo below). They are part of the Haiti Foundation of Hope, which is the group that works with Medical Teams International. MTI is who I signed on with, and they handed me over to HFH. They arrived in Haiti a couple of days ago and will meet us at the airport in Port Au Prince. They also sent the photo of the huge papayas that I will be gorging on. :) It has gotten increasingly warmer as I have moved east today. As you can see below, I started my journey wearing a sweater, and now I've got the air con cranked up in the room. It's a gorgeous, slightly humid, night in NY. I'm going to attempt to read a little, get a few hours of sleep, and dream of Haiti. Wish me luck!



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you my friend! I know you will have a great time and it will be rewarding not only for you but for all those who need of your LOVE & care. I am thinking of you and praying for your safety during your visit! Much Love from me & Scott♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment