Monday in the states... Another early morning and day of travel. I took advantage of the first leg of my  flight and started sorting through my photographs. I'm trying to figure out the best way to share them, and continue telling you stories of my incredible trip. There are some stories that don't have photographs, and some that are quite tragic, but they had such an impact on me that I don't see how I can NOT share them. All in good time, I suppose. I think for this post, I will just share with you photos of the Terre Blanche compound where I stayed, then I will unpack, do the minimal amount of laundry necessary to function tomorrow, put on my favorite pair of holey Levi's, and have a glass of wine. The development of Terre Blanche was all because of the huge heart, and incredible hard work, of Pastor Dellamy, combined with the endless energy and compassion of Dr. Joe and Linda Markee. For years they have worked together to bring education, healthcare, shelter, food, and hope to the community of Terre Blanche. In the center of the town is the compound, an enclosed area containing the clinic, living quarters for the staff and medical teams, a community garden, kindergarten, primary and secondary school, the trade school, community kitchen for the student lunch program, and the church. The clinic is a two-story structure, with quarters above for the visiting teams, and let's not forget my morning refuge...the roof top. :) Below, are photos of the clinic, schools, classrooms, trade school, and playground, all within the compound. Enjoy!




















Comments