Saturday night... My last day in Haiti...until my next visit! :) I had the roof to myself this morning, until Dr. Joe joined me around 6:15am. He likes to sit in the far corner of the roof, drink his coffee, and read his kindle, until Linda joins him. I just stretched out on one of the lawn chairs and marinated in the morning sounds of Terre Blanche. The sky was clear and bright with stars, my going away present from Terre Blanche. There were just enough wispy clouds on the horizon to paint the sky with pink, blue and orange, once the sun crept over the mountain range. Most of the crew made it to the roof in time to see the show, then we headed down to the kitchen for breakfast, and to discuss the packing and inventory plan for the clinic. I scanned two last minute patients, we packed up the clinic, loaded our bags into the truck, and headed towards Club Indigo resort in Montrouis. HFH likes to take their teams to one of the beach resorts, on the final night in Haiti. It's a wonderful opportunity for   the team to relax, take a swim in the ocean, and share some great stories about the past week. It also gives us a chance to truly appreciate the beauty that Haiti has to offer. This place REALLY made me homesick for Grenada! The ocean is bath water warm, and once the jelly fish left, we just floated, swam, snorkeled, and bobbed in the water, just like I used to with my friends in Grenada. Pure heaven. After an amazing dinner, we all met on the beach to talk about our favorite memories of the week, and our hardest memories of the trip. I'm so glad I made the commitment to write this blog every night, because I think it's going to be a huge challenge for me to come back home and try to describe what these past 11 days have been like for me. I'm not sure if I will be able to put it all into words, and there is so much that I haven't shared yet. I've decided to definitely return to Terre Blanche, at least once more, and I've decided to keep this blog going until I run out of stories. Tomorrow I will start posting photos, which I'm sure will bring back memories and more stories, but tonight I think I'm going to sign off early. My Brain is full, my heart is full, and I'm exhausted...for all the right reasons. Bon Nuit! Ox

Comments