Thursday evening...my last evening in Catacamas. 
The Internet is sketchy this evening, so maybe you'll read this post Friday ...maybe Saturday. :) Tomorrow, Jen and I will spend half the day at Predisan Clinic, then we will make the 3 hour drive back to Tegucigalpa. We will spend the night in the big city, then fly out on Saturday. 
Today was an incredible day. We all met at the clinic shortly after 6am, and drove to Culmi, to continue training the team of physicians that work there. It was a beautiful ride, further out into the Honduran country. Jen and I split the group into two separate rooms and continued training, while the Dr's scanned patients. One of the patients we scanned, who was in her 2nd trimester of pregnancy, had traveled all day by bus and hitchhiking. It's a wonderful example of how necessary the Predisan remote clinics are. The Culmi clinic has a birthing/maternity unit, with rooms that allow mothers from remote towns to stay, when they get close to their delivery date. Although our focus today was obstetrics, the clinic also offers dental and general medical care, and there is an emergency room. Consistent with the week, the Culmi group did extremely well. Jen and I told Laura, yet again, how impressed we were with the Predisan Dr's. They are so engaged during training and it's clear that they are eager to put their new and improved skills to work. And Hondurans are SO NICE! They're easy going and fun to be around, which make the long days so much more pleasant. 
After a late lunch, some of the group stayed in Culmi, and the rest of us headed back to Catacamas. Jen and I were dropped off at the hotel, and Laura brought her kids over to take advantage of the swimming pool, with her husband (Eric) joining us soon thereafter. Tonight was just beautiful, with a light cool breeze, and it was great to spend one last evening with Laura and her wonderful family. I am really going to miss them. I couldn't leave the country without seeing Fransisco again, and Jen had to meet him, so the three of us headed to Popo's for a delicious dinner and hilarious conversation. Jen and I both agree that Popo's has the best Anafres in Catacamas. Hands down. Fransisco drove us around town, one last time, and then dropped us off at the hotel to pack. He's yet another example of Honduran hospitality. Yep...I'm gonna have to come back to Honduras. :)
It's now 11am, the wifi is still being snarky, and I'm exhausted. I think I can get this posted if I skip the photos, so I'll give that a try and share the pictures tomorrow. Buenos!






Comments