Sunday morning in Catacamas, Honduras. The day of rest...in theory. At 5 am, a local shop keeper decided that we all need to hear mariachi music. By all, I mean everyone in Catacamas, because that's how loud the music was...is. It's still going, hours later. At 5:30am, I gave up and got up. I headed up to the rooftop, to see if I could catch the sunrise through the morning fog. I also ventured out onto the street, but not too far. I spent yesterday on lock down, in a sense. I'm on my own this weekend, until Jennifer joins me this afternoon, and it's not recommended that I wander the town without a Honduran sidekick. Unfortunately, it's the downside of being a woman, traveling on her own. I'm happy to say that a bit of my Spanish has returned, but I am far from fluent, so getting lost in Catacamas could be problematic. The hotel where I'm staying has a pool, so there are worse places to be when you're on lock down. I've finished the two books that I brought along, and now I'm catching up on my backlog of pod casts, and organizing my notes for the coming week. I'll leave you with more photos and add to  this later, if anything exciting happens today. Buenos. 





Comments