Miercoles ...
Buenos Tardes. Today was a busier day at the clinic, Wednesday and Thursday are usually when parents bring their children in to see Dr. Nester. I had the opportunity to scan some patients, give some hands on instruction to the Physicians, and get a better idea of the flow of the clinic. As usual, when I go on these trips, my mind is overwhelmed with ideas of how I can expand my own skills and knowledge, in order to better serve these wonderful people. It's difficult and complicated to prioritize what I would like to accomplish, because every trip presents new opportunities and ideas. Each clinic has different needs, and unlike back in the states, their resources are so limited that they themselves are often overwhelmed by what they want and need. Have you ever been asked, or wondered, what super power you would like to have? I would choose languages. I wish I could learn languages faster and easier. I can't help but think I need to study Spanish again...but in March, I'm off to Haiti, so maybe I should be studying Haitian Creole. When I return home, I plan to spend the winter studying for Vascular and Fetal Echo boards, but now I'm also thinking of Pediatrics. There is so much need, and my recipients on all of my trips are so grateful, that I am almost paralyzed with the chaos of my thoughts. Where do I start? At the end of the day at the clinic, Dr. Nester, Dr. Fransisco and I planned for tomorrow and discussed how I could best be utilized in the next two days, with early morning lectures and scanning training throughout the day. Fransisco, my excellent tour guide, took me downtown to the local market. If you are new to my blog, and have not read back to the beginning, you might not be aware of my adoration for street markets. Fransisco picked up on it and was quick to point out the bright pink color of the rice bags, the purple and white corn kernels, and he even helped me pick out the most beautiful hammock. I'm afraid I may have to leave all of my clothes behind, just to fit it in my suitcase! I'm going to prepare for tomorrow's lecture, so I will sign off now. Hasta maƱana! Ox















Comments