Hola! I've arrived in Honduras, safe and sound, if not a little rough around the edges. :) Let's just say I'm not a fan of the red eye flight. My flights all went well, and ran on time, it has just been a long day/night of travel. The Medical Director, Dr. Nester, was waiting for me at the airport, and after a quick snack, we drove about 4 hours into the province of Olancho. Honduras is beautiful!! Once you leave the airport and head into the country, it's lush jungle, low mountain ranges, rolling corn fields, and even pine trees. They've had a lot of rain the past week, so the sky was filled with big, fluffy, white clouds. I'm staying in a lovely hotel, just minutes form each of the two clinics I will be working with, and it's so charming. It even has a pool...and an armed guard for those of you worried about my safety. ;) I've found Hondurans to be friendly and warm, and I'm even remembering some of my Spanish. Probably just enough to get me in trouble! I'm afraid I'm fading fast, so I will attempt to post a few pictures and turn in for the night. Hope all is well stateside, more tomorrow! Ox




Comments