It's a beautiful, warm evening in Billings, Montana, and tomorrow night, I leave for Honduras! I've been so busy lately, that I haven't had much time to really get excited about the trip...until now. This trip will be a lot different from my last two, not just because it's a different country and a week longer, but it's with a different Team. Well...I AM the Team! At least for the first week. I will fly into Honduras on my own and spend the first week performing a clinic assessment and giving Ultrasound Training to their staff, then a second Sonographer will join me for the second week. The two of us will go to a different clinic and train a group of 12 medical professionals, with no Ultrasound experience, as well as a Physician who is "self taught". Hmmmmmmm. That should be interesting! ;) I'm looking forward to having another Sonographer along, and I've spoken to her multiple times on the phone, so she's somewhat prepared to fly by the seat of her pants with me. The format of this trip has changed a few times already, the most recent change occurring just three days ago, so my monkey brain is ramping up! I've never been to Honduras, so I'm excited about seeing the country, and it will take about 3-4 hours to drive from the capital (where I fly in) to Olancho. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to work on my Spanish, but we shall see how much comes back to me when I'm there. For those of you new to my blog, I have a ritual of taking "Before" and "After" shots of my packing. My After shot may have to wait until tomorrow, but the Before is below. I think I'm getting better at this! It doesn't look nearly as chaotic as the packing pictures from my first trip, but I've still got to fit it all in my suitcase. As always, I'm so incredibly grateful for the emotional and financial support of my friends and family. I couldn't do this without you and I will do my very best to make you all proud ! Much Love, Jo (aka the Monkey Brain).

Comments