Thursday, May 25, 2023

I have spent the last two days as a guest lecturer/trainer at the Consortium for Health, LTD (CHI). Through funding from the Philips Foundation, ITWA successfully started up an ultrasound training entity that is currently accommodated at the Women's hospital of the Bannabikira Sisters of  Bwanda at Kyengera on the outskirts of Kampala City. The institution currently serves as a training arm of ITWA and is also envisioned as a long-term income generating entity for the organization. The school offers our basic Ultrasound training program, but also offers advanced courses to Physicians and practitioners. I worked with a physician who had a special interest in Women's Health. I provided hands-on training, as well as lectures focusing on fetal biometry and OB pathology. She was an enthusiastic student and a real pleasure to work with. CHI also employs a Radiographer, Gingo, who joined in on my lectures and was very helpful during the hands-on training. If this program is successful, it will ensure a steady income, which is desperately needed for ITW to continue helping clinics throughout Africa.





Gingo, Dr. Joyce and I.


I have some clothes drying on the line and I've started packing. Samalie is on her way over for a visit, I will have a meeting with the guys here at the office, then spend my last evening here, probably watching a movie with Rian. Tomorrow I will catch a late afternoon flight to Dubai, arriving at 11pm.

I still have hundreds of photos to sort through and I'm sure I'll take more when I am in Dubai, so stay tuned! I am thinking of a 3-month return trip next year, which is what we will talk about in the meeting today. I will be sure to share the plan with you all! Gotta run.

Much love, Jo (MB)

I bought Rian a Maasai Shuka, matching the one James gifted me, and he was so pleased!


Comments

Post a Comment