I'm still sorting through photographs...over 1,000 photographs, to be more specific. I'm not sure how I managed to take that many photos, and I can't imagine how many I would have taken if I hadn't been working in the clinic! Going through my pictures gives me a chance to remember everything that I love about Terre Blanche and Haiti. On the last day of clinics, a group of us went to the Terre Blanche market at the end of town. The translators went with us, and acted as financial advisors, which was great fun. There is often a mark up for "Blancs", which most of us didn't really mind, however the translators were very protective of us and wanted to make sure we got a fair deal. Vendors sell everything from produce, meat and other food items, to school supplies, shoes, and toiletries. A couple of the women even bought machetes...who doesn't need a machete? Enjoy the photographs...
























Comments