4:30pm Wednesday 12/12
I returned home Monday late afternoon and after 2 days, and a 12 hour time difference, the fog is finally starting to lift from my brain. I flew into Dubai last Friday evening, checking into my hotel a little after midnight, and spent the weekend exploring. Dubai is simply fascinating, with stunning architecture and a rich blend of cultures. I spent Saturday morning touring the Jumeirah Mosque followed by a discussion by the Sheikh Moh'd Center for Cultural Understanding, and spent the afternoon and evening with my new friend, Nada. If you are a frequent reader of my adventures, you may remember that I took a fantastic walking tour of Historic Dubai from Nada when I passed through Dubai on my way to Uganda, and I am happy to say that we stayed in touch while I was in Uganda. She is the owner of www.wanderwithnada.com and if you are considering traveling to Dubai, you MUST take a tour with her! We took a boat tour of the Jumeirah Palms area then had an incredible seafood dinner at a local favorite dining spot. Sunday I took a tour of the Dubai desert, with a Falconry presentation and a ride through the Wildlife Reserve. Sunday evening I went to Abu Dhabi to visit the Grand Mosque, which was absolutely breathtaking. I was looking forward to spending a little more time in Dubai and the UAE (United Arab Emerites), but I did not expect to enjoy the country as much as I did. The food is delicious, which you know is mandatory for me ;), and there is so much to do that I am already looking forward to returning. Monday morning I was up before dawn and back at the Dubai airport for a 15 hour flight to Seattle. Ugh. That flight is truly brutal, especially for someone like me who cannot sleep on planes, even though the end result is worth it. Now I am home and laundry is done, but my room looks like a tornado has passed through, as I try to sort through the last of my unpacking. My computer is still on the fritz and I am afraid the 6 weeks in Uganda, being charged via adapter/converter, may have fried my hard drive. Allan did the best he could, but I have an appointment with the Geek Squad tonight, so wish me luck! In the mean time, enjoy a few pics from the UAE and I will check in again when I get my computer back.
oxox MB












Comments