Well, last night was an adventure in itself, and I haven't even left the country yet! My flight into JFK was a bit late, the luggage even later, then a short wait for the shuttle (that felt really long, thanks to -30 degrees with windchill!). By the time I was checked into the hotel, I had about 4 hours before I had to be back on the shuttle. Needless to say, considering my lack of beauty sleep, I'm not so much of a beauty this morning! :) I had a great talk with my volunteer coordinator (Jamie) at MTI, during my layover in Minneapolis. My position as a volunteer is rapidly evolving into more responsibility and depth, which I love. I am going to try to help them design an assessment and training protocol specific to Ultrasound for these types of trips. It's very exciting for me, but a lot to figure out in a short time, even with the "Tool Kit" they've given me. For a number of reasons, I'm glad that I'm returning to Terre Blanche for my first assessment assignment. This will be easier to jump into with a clinic I've been to before, and that will give me more time to smooth the rough edges before I go to Honduras in the fall. All good stuff! Right now, my top priority is to caffeinate and board the flight to Port Au Prince. I'll, hopefully, be able to post more this evening from Terre Blanche. Much love from the Monkey Brain. Ox

Comments