In just 8 days I will begin the trek back to Haiti. This second mission trip has such a different "feel" than my first trip. There is both a comfort and surrealism to my excitement, which I will try to explain further...and better! I love travel and adventure with every fiber of my being, so the excitement of any trip (be it overseas or a local road trip) is a comfort to me. The surrealism is realizing that I have made a dream come true for myself. From the moment I decided to return to school for Medical Ultrasound, I began looking for an opportunity to do something like this. I am a "Big Picture" person, I do not need instant gratification to be happy, I simply need something to work for. The path I chose during school, the type of job I looked for when I graduated, every opportunity I have to learn something new, has all been in hopes of using my skills and knowledge for something of this magnitude. Every success and hardship has been a step towards this. I found MTI through someone I was in a relationship with, someone who eventually broke my heart and disappointed me greatly, but I honestly believe it was necessary and worth it. I found MTI and I have made my dream a reality. It truly amazes me on a daily basis and I am overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. I am inspired by the continued support of my friends and family. I cannot wait to be back in the clinic in Terre Blanche, to be humbled by the graciousness of my patients, to be invigorated by the smiles of the children, and to work for something so much greater than myself.

I've been working a lot of overtime this month, which eases my financial anxiety, but slightly increases my packing and preparation anxiety! :) I am a note writer and a list maker, which I am hoping pays off, because I have been writing myself about 20 notes/lists a day. Friday I will attempt to pack and weigh everything, which will be something like put all of the 30 clowns back into the tiny little car at the circus, or in my case putting all of the monkeys back into my brain. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. As always, thanks for listening and sharing this amazing adventure with me! Much love, be good humans. Ox

Comments