Friday the 13th...packing day! Admittedly, this experience dragged on much longer than I expected it to. I had some last minute laundry, the post office mistakenly held my mail from HFH (my Malaria meds!), so I had to pick it up, last minute prep errands, you know how it goes. In spite of everything, I am now, officially, 98% packed. Whew! I did take my first dose of the meds this evening, not my favorite. For those of you who haven't ever had the joy of taking Malaria meds, I take a dose a week, starting the week before I get to Haiti, until a few weeks after I return. The meds have a plethora of side effect options, typically some freaky hallucination-type dream, which would not be great for a Monkey-brained bad sleeper such as myself. Lucky for me, my first dose just gives me a brain splitting headache and nausea that hits me like a freight train. Last time I found that the first dose was the worst, with every dose after that getting progressively better. I was prepared for it this time, so I've been scarfing down ginger and Aleve, and cracker bingeing. Hey, it beats Malaria! :) Needless to say, this will not be a long, introspective blog entry. I just thought you might enjoy the photos of my packing progression, I'm gonna hit the sack early tonight. Enjoy!



Comments