Well, I managed to work my usual 10 hour shift at the hospital, run an errand, and then get called back in for an OB emergency. I'm afraid my creative juices are lacking this evening, but I still have plenty of photos to share! What's a gal to do? For those of you not familiar with my eclectic past, I worked in the Animal industry for about 25 years of my life, and still have a deep love for critters of all shapes and sizes. It was no surprise, when sorting through my pictures, that I had taken quite a few shots of the animals roaming around Haiti. Most of the animals run relatively untethered, such as the chickens, dogs, goats, and pigs. The donkeys and horses were usually tied to a long rope secured to a post in the ground, although I did see a few of the donkeys roaming loose. Some of the goats were tethered, some roamed free, and a number of them had a triangular collar made of wood that we referred to as the "Cone of Shame". This prevented the goats from roaming too far or getting into shenanigans, I presume. I did not see a single cat in Terre Blanche, nor in Port au Prince. There was also cattle, though not nearly as many as I see here, in Big Sky Country. The donkeys and horses were used as pack animals and transportation and the other livestock for food. I had to get a picture of one of the many geckos that hung out on the screens in our living quarters. Late at night and early morning, I would hear them chirping in the windows. I was grateful for their insect consumption! :) Enjoy the critter pics, I'm off to bed. Bon Nuit!


































Comments