I don't remember when or where I first fell in love with street markets. There is something so fascinating about wandering down a street, plaza, or alley, looking through bins and baskets for the perfect whatever. I look for them everywhere I travel. I still remember the street market I found in Salisbury, England, almost 20 years ago. I had to drag myself away from a giant bucket of sleek, undulating black eels, for sale in a back alley of Chiangmai, Thailand. My favorite place to shop in Grenada was the farmer's market. The road from Port au Prince to Terre Blanche was peppered with street vendors and markets of all shapes and sizes. The majority of my photographs were taken from the front seat of a moving truck, which hopefully adds to the "flavor", and it was frustrating not to be able to stop and peruse. Enjoy these...





























Comments