Coming home, after my trip to Terre Blanche, has been an odd transition for me. I spent a lot of time on my return flight wondering how I would feel when I got back, how I would explain the trip to other people, who would ask about the trip and who wouldn't. At our last wrap up meeting, Linda told us to prepare a "sound bite" answer to use when people asked how my trip was. She said some people would be fine with the sound bite, others would want to know more, but to be prepared for the people who didn't want details. She was right. I knew my family and closest friends would want to hear about it. They are my greatest supporters and the best cheer squad I could ever ask for. I'll be visiting my folks next week and we've been saving the details of the trip until we can talk about it in person. Today, I had the joy of having lunch with two wonderful women who truly wanted to know about my trip, what it was like, my experiences, and especially what it meant to me. I finally had to articulate the impact this trip has made on my life and it brought tears to my eyes, saying it out loud. I felt that this was what I was made for. Everything about my personality (as a dear friend once told me "Jo...you're not for everyone!"), my drive, my monkey mind, the path my life has taken...it all made sense on this trip. I traveled to a new country, a different culture, a language I didn't know, with people I had never met, worked harder than I ever imagined, and I was terrified of disappointing EVERYONE, but I was so blissfully happy! I felt I was doing something so much bigger than myself, for a greater purpose, which is my goal in life. I feel so lucky. There's not much else to say on the subject. :) So, here are some random photos of some of the wonderful people I met...









Comments