What a week! While in Haiti, I managed to secure my next travel job, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This job is with a new company, which means a lot more initial paperwork, so I had to hit the ground running. I got home late Monday night, well actually Tuesday morning, and spent most of Tuesday with a foggy brain. By the end of Thursday, I had completed a 17 part orientation module for the hospital, packed almost all of my stuff, made multiple runs to the storage unit, had a physical exam and TB test, and completed a number of forms for the new company. On Friday, I celebrated my 51st birthday! YEAY for birthdays! :) I spent the day with my folks and my friend Carl, from the Haiti trip, hosted a wonderful dinner party. Today, I packed up the car, ran a few more errands, including one last trip to the storage unit, had a late lunch with another friend, and now I'm waiting for my phone to charge, so I can download some audio books for my road trip. Unfortunately, I won't be taking my motorcycle with me on this trip. It's still winter in the Midwest, and I don't want to leave my bike in a city parking lot for the winter, while I wait for riding weather to arrive. So, she'll stay in my folks garage, patiently waiting my return. For the past 4 months, I've been staying with my folks, while I worked across the river in Oregon. It's been really nice spending so much time with them, after living states away for many years, and I'm sad to be leaving even though I'm also thrilled about exploring a new city. By the time you are reading this, I will be on the road to Wisconsin. I'm going to take some extra time to stop in on my Iowa and Wisconsin relatives, which I'm very excited about. There's a chance that you will be hearing from me sooner than expected, regarding my next trip, because I may be headed back to Honduras sooner than October. As usual, I'll keep you posted! Thanks for your support and thanks for listening.



Comments