Wednesday 3/12/2024   8:30am

Good morning! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

We are set to get on the road in about an hour and a half, the car is 90% loaded, and the chaos and loooooong day yesterday has seemed to have paid off! 

Okay, now it's 9am. The gang arrived and I stopped to work on a few projects, but I'm back. Now that the supplies are loaded for Atiak, the guys are going over details for an upcoming visit from two board members while I'm gone.

Yesterday was a scramble to get educational materials printed, collect necessary supplies, and complete as many side projects as possible. 

I will be bringing 4 solar lamps to the clinic.

I had laminated ID badges made for the team, for the
meeting with the board members.

We bring extra notepads for the students, branded 
with our new logo stickers.

Bound copies of the lecture notes for the students. 


The organization we will be working with is Mother Health International:  Mother Health International

I am really looking forward to checking out their Birth Center and learning more about their organization. What I know so far is that they have a Birth Center specializing in traditional midwifery with approximately 20 midwives, located in rural northern Uganda, near the South Sudan border. They have 3 affiliated clinics, one in the refugee camp in Adjumai, another in Mbale, and a third near the Sudanese border. They also mentor at neighboring clinics.

MHI clinic locations.


I've got to sign off, short and sweet, to finish tying up any loose ends before we leave. Wishing you all the very best and leaving you with another photo of Rian, on his way to school. ๐Ÿ’—


Much love, Jo/MB

Comments

  1. Hey, Jo. I was struck by the beautiful photos in the piece on Mother Health International. I'm so used to seeing moms and babies like that in African photos who are emaciated and starving. These folk look happy and healthy. Picked up my spirits. Hope your new adventure is good. Stay well, and keep up the good work. Love.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment