Last week I returned to Portland for a couple of days. I had a wonderful visit with my folks and had dinner with some of the amazing people I went to Haiti with. My parents and I also had lunch with Joe and Linda, the founders of Haiti Foundation of Hope, which was also wonderful. I had another meeting with Jamie, at MTI, which always gets me excited for my next trip and nostalgic for my last one. The framework for my Honduras trip has started, as far as the dates, but the trip itself is still in the making. So far, Jamie is thinking I will go to two separate healthcare facilities for training and assessments. I'm also set to return to Haiti next February, with many of the people who were on my last trip! I HAVE SO MUCH TO FIGURE OUT!!! I have to put together formal Training Curriculum, get a better handle on how to perform Assessments, and I only have 24 hours in the day...which is lame. In the mean time, I am very involved with the MSUB Foundation and our big annual fundraiser is next month, my personal fundraiser is in June, and I am committed to studying for the Fetal Echo Boards, etc... For those of you new to my world, this is pretty much how I roll. :) So, I've spent the last couple of days putting everything into order of timing and importance, and now I need a nap. Raffle prizes are coming together for my fundraiser, I just picked up about 15 incredible prints of some of my favorite Haiti photos to put on display at the event, the flyer is in the works, and the days are finally getting longer. That's it. That's all I've got...for now. ;)

Comments