In 3 1/2 weeks I will be on my way back to Haiti!! It's come up so fast and I am thrilled and slightly panicked at the same time. I will be taking quite a financial hit to go back to Haiti so soon. My incredibly supportive boss has given me the time off to go, but I don't have enough PTO (Paid Time Off) saved up to cover all of the hours I will miss. I'm flying on a wing and a prayer...and picking up as much overtime and Call as I can handle, without wiping myself out before leaving. I don't have a better explanation for going back so soon, except to say that I need to. One of the ways in which MTI wants to use me is to help determine whether or not the Ultrasound Training programs are working. So, I will return to Terra Blanche and see if my grateful "students" have put any of my teaching to use. I'm thrilled to be working with Dr. Joe and Linda again, the rest of the team will be new to me. I've also taken a break from studying Haitian Creole, to write this blog and clear the Monkey Brain a bit. :) On the horizon, I have been approached my multiple people about coordinating a fundraiser for myself...and I've decided to go for it! Yet another example of how my eclectic work experience has been a true blessing. I've had years of experience planning and working various fundraisers for non profit organizations, so now it's time to throw one for myself. As I get closer to this trip, I will start posting more often, so thanks for following along with me on this incredible journey! Ox

Comments