Hi Folks!
I'm home, safe and sound. Sorry I didn't check in sooner, gotta love the mind-numbing time zone adjustment! I got home Sunday late afternoon, and I have spent the past few days slowly unpacking, squeezing in a few appointments, and trying to get organized before I am back to work on Friday. I almost wept with joy when I climbed into my bed, but that was after I took an incredibly long, hot shower and deep conditioned my hair. I have washed the Ugandan dust off of all of my clothes, washed the beautiful fabric I brought home, and the luggage is back in the garage. I still have a pile of stuff on my dining room table that needs to find a home, but I will work on that when I am finished here.
Rachel and I are still waiting to see if DAK will donate more machines and offer some funding for the October training. Worst case scenario, we don't get the machines, training is suspended, and I work like a rented mule and start saving to go back next year. We are both hopeful that everything will come through, fingers crossed.
The dining structure was not quite finished when I left. We had a few storms come through, and they were waiting on some additional supplies, so the concrete had not been poured for the floor, and they decided to build up the walls a bit more. They will most likely need some grass for the roof, but it's going to be very nice when it's finished, and the metal poles and brick and concrete base means we won't need to worry about termites again!
Dorothy sent me this group photo taken at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the Africa Cancer Foundation mobile clinic. I feel very fancy, rubbing elbows with government officials in Kisumu, Kenya! 😁
I have a meeting tomorrow night, a follow up with a Dr. that I spoke with in Uganda, and an introduction with a Dr. in Nigeria that he wants me to meet. I'll keep you posted!
Here's an update on the Ebola virus in Uganda (thanks, Kathy!)...
Uganda declares itself free of Ebola
I don't have much else to share at this moment, and I have suddenly hit the wall and can't put a sentence together, so I will keep this short and sweet. I'll check in again when I have more news to share, thanks for hanging in there with me!
Much love,
Jo/MB






Comments
Post a Comment